Enoteca Falorni is the largest enoteca in Tuscany featuring over 1,000 selected wines with more than 100 wines available for tasting, using the innovative enomatic system.
The Enoteca is located underground in the historical centre of Greve in Chianti the area (considered the authentic fore bearers of the Chianti Classico consortium).
The historical structure has ample spaces with arched brick ceilings, corridors and smaller rooms (originally used as grape storage areas) and tells the story of its long history as a wine cellar that for years represented the economic heart of Greve in Chianti, boasting a line of illustrious owners. Constructed in 1893 by Ernesto Leproni, the location was used as cellars by the Union of Chianti Classico producers in 1906 and subsequently purchased in 1913 by Count Emanuele Mirafiori d’Alba, until being sold to the Gancia di Canelli brothers in 1932. In the 1960’s and 1970’s the site belonged to the Italo-American dei Paterno family and was left in an abandoned state in 1975.
In 1999 the premises were purchased by the Bencistà Falorni Family and were transformed into the present day Enoteca Falorni, with the aim to promote and give valour to Chianti Classico wines.
Its elegance and the presence of more than 1,000 principally Tuscan wines with others from further Italian regions as well as sparkling wines, dessert wines, grappa and olive oil render the Enoteca Falorni an authentic “temple to wine”.